WE BELIEVE, TEACH, AND CONFESS
- The Bible is the verbally inspired Word of God, His unchanging and inerrant message to people of all times.
- There is only one God. He is three distinct and individual persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God created man holy and without sin. But man, of his own will, fell into sin and thus brought sin upon the whole human race.
- Sin is thus in all people by nature, and reveals itself in every transgression of God’s holy will by thought, word, or deed.
- The wages of sin is death and damnation in hell, an eternal agonizing separation from the holy and righteous God.
- But God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son, Christ Jesus, to redeem the world.
- Jesus redeemed, justified the whole human race with His holy precious blood and with His innocent sufferings and death. We believe that his resurrection gives full assurance that God has accepted the payment he made for all.
- This glorious fact is received by faith, which is worked and nurtured in the heart by the Spirit of God through the means of grace: the Word, Baptism, and the Lord’s Supper.
- By faith alone in the atoning work of Christ we are heirs of the glories of heaven. While on earth we want to show our love for Him who first loved us.
- At our death we shall inherit the full glories of everlasting life with Christ in heaven, where there shall be no more pain or sorrow, and all tears shall be wiped from our eyes.
BELIEVE IN THE LORD JESUS, AND YOU WILL BE SAVED.
This document is courtesy of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod and can be found on their website at www.wels.net.